Thursday, February 11, 2010

You Capture: Work

This weeks theme is WORK. When I read the challenge theme last week, I was stumped. I've been a stay at home mom since my daughter was born, so more than 12 years. So really- my work is around our house, which can be kind of boring. But this week has been spent tending to sick children. For the last two days, my youngest was home sick. Today, my oldest is home. She just does not feel well, as evidence by the photos. LOL. She got dressed thinking she could try to go to school, but that didn't pan out. Apparently there are quite a few kids out at the kids school this week. Fun stuff!! So this week, my photos are of my work taking care of the sickies in the house.


I also used actions I hadn't used before and kind of like how they turned out.

Head over to I Should Be Folding Laundry to see what others have posted for You Capture!

16 comments:

The Household 6 Diva said...

I like the perspective in your first shot... very mysterious.. somewhat curious..

I gotta master PSE Actions... :) You have inspired me!

Melissa said...

Love that first photo. I'm looking to upgrade to a dslr...can't wait!

Lindsey said...

the work you do is the most important work of all! Great shots.

Sabrina said...

Nice shots. I was stumped too! Then I realized, my household is much more "work" than my job ever was. :)

Colleen said...

Taking care of sick children is definitely work!

Mel said...

Sick kids are the worst kind of work.

tara said...

i love these shots - captures the moodiness of being under the weather. (and i think i need to know what PSE actions are ...)

Megryansmom said...

Don't fool yourself SAHMs work hard!

ohabbyreally said...

I love the first shot, great perspective and very cool colours. Good job!

Lyndsay said...

Taking care of sick kids is the HARDEST kind of work!!
Hope everyone feels better soon!

Beth at I Should Be Folding Laundry said...

That is HARD work, too!

I love the actions you used. Turned out great!

Rana said...

This is one of the hardest jobs to have. Hope she is feeling better soon.

Upstatemomof3 said...

Being a SAHM is definitely work. Especially when our kids are sick. I hope yours get better soon.

Catherine said...

Ha! I worked for the last 12 years hard core sales jobs with million dollar quotas and long hours. I've been staying home for a year now and it's by FAR the hardest job I've EVER had. Much much harder than any stay at home mom ever gets credit for. Don't discount your job. It's 24/7/365. I'm loving your photos and the actions you used. What an amazing mood you captured!

sdwaard said...

Sick kids are a lot of work! I love the first shot Amy. You can feel how crappy she feels. Nice job :)

Maryvel said...

This sound exactly like my kind of week! First it was my son, then my daughter and now it's me! Goodness little by little we are getting better! Just glad as Mom I can be here for the family when they need me! Best job in the world!