Tuesday, January 12, 2010

You Capture: Your Winter

My winter is bitter cold at times. Like this weekend. So cold it makes the inside of your nose freeze as soon as you step outside. Unfortunately we do not have mountains of snow yet this winter. And under the snow we do have is ice. So even if it weren`t so bitter, fun sledding pictures are out due to poor snow conditions. ha! So I stayed indoors for my shots of my winter.


Boots are required for winters in Ontario. They keep my feet nice and toasty as I sit in the hockey arena watching Cameron play. (Vintage action used courtesy of The Pioneer Woman Actions.)

I was never a big tea drinker before I moved to Canada. But now, I enjoy a nice cup of tea on cold days. And yes that is a Cookie Monster mug. :) It`s one of my favorites!

And board games! My kids love board games and we break them out in the winter. Currently, Cameron and I are trying to take over the world together. Although, he does keep switching teams. Traitor. This game of Risk has been going on for two weeks now. One day, I will conquer the world!

Head over to I Should Be Folding Laundry to check out what others are posting in the You Capture challenge this week!

Photobucket

8 comments:

Colleen said...

Looks like you're doing a good job of keeping warm. Great photos!

Stillmary said...

I can't love your description of winter in your area but I do love your indoor photos. Very creative. It's always so impressive when someone makes beautiful pictures out of everyday objects.

Maryvel said...

I much rather stay inside too! Nice to see another fellow Canadian here! Take care and stay warm!

McMom said...

I lived in Victoria for 5 years with my Canadian husband so I never experienced a true Canadian winter. But every time I think it's cold, my husband says, "Well, it's minus 30 in Calgary today." So good idea to stay inside! Sometimes that's what winter is all about.

Andrea @ The Train to Crazy said...

That is a LONG game of Risk!

busygirl said...

Love the ugg boots photo, we have a large pile by our front door where everyone kicks 'em off - I'm ALWAYS tripping over them!

Jade @ Tasting Grace said...

Love the UGGs photo! Of course, the girls (especially high school and college age) here in CA wear UGGs too...but with miniskirts and tank tops. LOL

Prairie Lady said...

Great captures. Love your cup.