Thursday, January 21, 2010

You Capture: Love Around Your House

This week's challenge for You Capture is Love Around Your House. Beth at I Should Be Folding Laundry asks "What you love, what fills you with joy..."

Obviously many things in my house bring me joy. On the top of that list is my family. But they are all gone at the moment. But I was able to find a couple other things that I love and make me happy.


This is Tucker, our beloved nearly 10year old Labrador Retriever. He is starting to show his age by sleeping the day away. He loves nothing more than to steal Brendan's leather gloves and chew them. Which makes Brendan very happy, as I'm sure you can imagine. He is amazing with our kids and always has been. The gray adds a bit of a distinguished look, don't you think?? Just look at those eyes! I think he was pleading with me to just leave him be so he could go sleep in the sun!


And these dishes. They make me happy, as silly as it sounds. I just love the colors. The lemongrass and cobalt on the bottom are my most favorite of the colors. I bought four place settings while on vacation this past summer. I'm hoping to build the collection each time I'm in the States. They are not sold here in Canada. Boo Hiss.

Check out the other participants in the You Capture photo challenge over at I Should Be Folding Laundry.

20 comments:

jaime said...

I absolutely love that picture of Tucker. So cute!

Julia Spencer said...

The photo of the bowls is intriguing... :) That would be cool to blow up and frame in your kitchen... ;)

Kirsten said...

I have an 11-year-old lab in my house who is considerably more gray looking that yours. Although that face is undeniably adorable.

Bunch of Barrons said...

Cute photos...I have random things that make me happy, too. Like my scented oil burner. For some reason those kind of thing just make your day better sometimes! :)

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

What a sweet picture of you dog!
Love the way you photographed your pretty bowls :)

Megryansmom said...

Tucker's face is extremely LOVEable. Thank you for sharing the things that make you happy.

tippytoe foxtrot said...

Oh Tucker! He looks like a gentleman! The photo of your plates is gorgeous.

busygirl said...

I love the photo of Tucker!

Sidnie said...

Tucker is a beautiful dog!
And I love the picture of your bowls!

Colleen said...

Cute puppy and I love those bowls!

Elizabeth said...

Awwww...I said when I saw the pic of your doggie...I including my doggie in my post this week too! I love the bowls too! :-)

Baby Mama said...

are those bowls fiesta bowls?? I have a whole set of feista dinner ware and i LOVE them too!!! all the pretty different colors..sigh.
i actually got to go to the "defects" warehouse in ohio and got a bunch of stuff on discount for very minor imperfections!!!

Stillmary said...

I love the photo of Tucker and his gentle eyes and I love the colors in your dishes. Great photos of both!

Amy said...

Baby Mama- Yes, they are fiesta ware! I did not know there was a warehouse. That might send me over the edge! I'm glad I went with all the different colors. My husband did want to go with all one color, but I won that battle! ;)

Thank you everyone for the nice comments.

sdwaard said...

Hey Amy! Love the fiesta dishes. The colors are a bright spot for a dreary winter day. You made the right decision going with the multiple colors as opposed to just one.

WackyMummy said...

I love Tucker's big brown eyes. Could melt a heart of stone.
I hear you about the colors... something as simple as a beautiful set of colored dishes would make ME smile too. =)

countryfriedmama said...

I love Julia Spencer's ideas for your bowls picture. You could do a whole series.

Andrea @ The Train to Crazy said...

That guy is so cute! And those dishes look great too!

Caroline said...

Tucker - what a sweetheart ~ and those dishes look yummy! They would make me smile too! :D

Rana said...

Beautiful colors and a sweet dog!