Monday, May 19, 2008

Flower Power

Another long weekend has come and gone and the weather was horrible. Although, to be fair, each evening it cleared up and the sun was bright in the sky. Of course, it was always after 6pm and not enough time left to do anything constructive. So needless to say, nothing got done around here. We ended up heading the University of Guelph's Arboretum. It's a lovely place, but during the summer months, it is hard to enjoy due to all the mosquitoes. This time of year, it's really enjoyable.

I have no idea what kind of flower this is, but I really liked it. The arboretum always has a wonderful selection of flowers to photograph. I don't remember what section this was in, but it was near the Japanese garden.




I don't know if this is an apple blossom tree or a crap apple tree bloom. But when entering the University grounds the street is lined with these trees. It's really beautiful. I did attempt to capture it, but it didn't work out so well. I've been thinking about it today and think I have a couple ideas for how to get it just right. Hopefully I'll be able to attempt it later in the week. It's hard to find a time when the road isn't busy and there aren't people around to flub up the background.

0 comments: